Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Thursday, October 13, 2016

It Began with a Little Box of Hair Color

This morning I had an appointment with a little box of hair color which, after the application, shampoo and styling, made me feel like a new person.


In fact, with the new hair color and the perfect (read: not humid) weather, I was on track to having a good hair day.


And anything is possible when I am having a good hair day. So with a spring in my step I headed out to run some errands, none of which were exciting -- bank, Costco, Office Max -- but the day was bright with the sunshine of possibility.


Then I made an impulse stop at a furniture consignment store.


Y'all.


As you may know, I have been re-doing our rec/entertainment room and scouring the internet for various items: farm table, lighting, accent lamps, and two parsons chairs. The chairs were suggested by a very talented friend who thought that Parsons chairs would add a little contrast/color to the wood farm table and chairs. I liked the idea, but didn't like the prices I found at Pier One, Wayfair, Amazon, or Joss & Main (prices ranged anywhere from $80-$160).


But in that consignment store this morning, I stumbled upon two BRAND NEW Parsons chairs. For only $27 each. Including the beautifully custom designed chair covers.


And my day kept getting better: Joe arrived home safely after being gone all week, no school or work tomorrow means a three-day weekend for all, Georgialina Billiards (who has rescheduled their appointment twice) is finally here changing the cloth on our pool table, and I lost five pounds.


Okay, kidding about the five pounds. I think. But clothes are fitting more loosely, so I'll just go with it.


I'm telling you ... a little box of hair color. That's all it takes.


Photo:

No comments: