An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, October 27, 2016

It's Fall, Y'all (Actually, It's Not)

Here we are at the end of October, but it doesn't feel like October should feel. At all. The temps through the weekend are going to be in the mid-80's and, I don't know about you, but that totally depresses me.


Last weekend we spent three days in the mountains where I felt like I could finally breathe. Deeply. Crisp mountain air, clear skies and low temperatures made me feel energized ... alive ... healthy.


And then we came home to more of the same old, same old.


So today, I decided to put up some autumn décor in a feeble attempt to at least pretend that it's fall. I planted flowers, spray painted flower boxes, hung up wreaths, and decorated the front porch.


And sweated the entire time.


So even though it's October (but not fall) I'm going to be Scrooge (even thought it's not even December) and say, "Bah-humbug."


It's just all messed up.


Photo:
Front Door


Photo:
Front Entrance


Photo:
They may not be terribly sophisticated, but yellow pansies make me happy.
(I spray painted the flower boxes a nice brown for fall.)


Photo:
Back Door

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Looks great!! It's very warm and I'm falling here as well. So I get where you're coming from. Bahhumbug.