An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Life Lately: A Week of Quick Takes


Monday

Morning cappuccino with a friend. Great way to start the week.
Photo:
cappuccino and girlfriend talk

Tuesday

Done, done, and done. Christmas shopping, that is, and so I spent the morning listening to my Pandora Christmas station and wrapping presents. Before you get mad at me, just know that I was able to do this for two reasons:  1/ we keep presents to a minimum and 2/ most of my shopping is done online. Amazon Prime is my best friend. So is the mailman. I still have to get a few things (stocking stuffers, for example), but nothing that will necessitate me going to the mall or Toys R Us on a Saturday afternoon (the very thought makes me shudder).
Photo:
Christmas tunes on Pandora

Wednesday

Christmas Bunco: What can I say about a group of friends who have gotten together once a month for the past 15 years for dinner, Bunco, and good times? Sometimes the only words are those engraved on the heart.
Photo:
Christmas Bunco 2016

Thursday

A Night on the town: I went with some friends to Aiken for The Night of 100 Lights complete with luminaries, carolers, festively decorated stores, and free samples – cookies! wine! shrimp & grits! Did I mention the free wine?
Photo:
Aiken, SC
Night of 1000 Lights




Friday

A perfect evening: A Christmas tree, three boxes of ornaments, and all the boys home. This mom’s heart was full.
Photo:
Decorating the tree

Saturday

An Afternoon trifecta: a basketball game, Mass, and dinner at Arby’s.  All in a row, one after the other. Oh, and Jonathan’s former co-worker was working behind the counter so he treated us to milkshakes and turnovers.
Photo:
basketball, Mass, Arby's ...
in that order


Sunday

Lunch with i Nonni: Despite a lunch of Tuscan pork tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes, dumplings, and apple/cranberry salad, the ONLY compliment I received was for these hideous cookies. Go figure.
Photo:
These cookies (snowmen that look like ghosts and Christmas trees that look like arrows)
 are proof as to why I love to cook ...
but hate to bake.

No comments: