Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Friday, January 27, 2017

When Life Takes Away Your Cappuccino, Drink Tea

For someone who loves her cappuccino and Greek yogurt every single morning, it's been a bummer of monumental proportions to have developed a dairy intolerance.


What?!? All of a sudden? My doctor let me down gently: it's not uncommon for adults as they get older.


Huh. ("Who's getting older?" asks she-who-has-a-milestone-birthday-next-month.)


On the bright side, it is an intolerance and not an allergy so I don't have to eliminate all dairy products. But I do have to reduce my daily intake which means that if I have a cappuccino, I can't have a yogurt, too. And if I have a morning cappuccino, I definitely can't have another one in the afternoon.


Like I said, bummer.


But as a result of tweaking my diet, I have rediscovered my love for hot tea. When I'm writing, watching television or curling up with a good book, I always have a mug of herbal tea.


Right now I am enjoying organic herbal teas from Traditional Medicinals, with peppermint being a personal favorite.


The best part? The tag on each tea bag comes with an inspirational quote, all of which I write down in my gratitude journal.


And because all this tea with the inspirational tags have made me introspective, allow me to share with you the moral of my story: When Life Takes Away Your Cappuccino, Drink Tea.


It's funny how life works sometimes ...





One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.
~James Russell Lowell


The difference between a flower and a weed is a judgment.
~Unknown


The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Earth laughs in flowers.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


He who wants a rose must respect the thorn.
~Persian Proverb


In all things of nature, the is something of the marvelous.
~Aristotle


Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.
~Lao Tzu



No comments: