An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, February 12, 2017

How Guys Pack


Last weekend Jonathan came home for my birthday, arriving Saturday around lunchtime and leaving Sunday after lunch. (See what he did there? Impeccable timing.)


When he walked in we chatted for a few minutes, and then I told him to go get his stuff out of the car.


"I don't have anything." he responded.


I stopped dead in my tracks. He was holding his phone, keys, and wallet. Nothing else.


"What are you wearing later?" I inquired.


"This," he said, gesturing to the clothes on his back.


"What are you going to wear to church tonight?" I wanted to know.


"This," he said, again with the gesture.


"Tomorrow?" I asked, knowing that the odds were not in my favor.


He didn't even respond. He just grinned.


And I was like ...


No comments: