An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Life Lately (the mundane and perfectly ordinary in 7 quick takes)

~1~ Pretty things
New tea cup and cute tea bags ... compliments of a friend.






~2~ Kids hate it when parents do this:

Timothy: Mom, can I go to Jun's house?
Me: Go check with Dad.
Timothy: Dad, can I go to Jun's house?
Dad: What did Mom say?






~3~ Empty Hangers:
Yesterday I spent several hours elbow deep in The Great Closet Purge.
Now, I am not a keeper. I don't like clutter. And I did clean out my closet six months ago.
But this time ... well, this time I was positively ruthless. I got rid of a LOT. #thesimplelife






~4~ Sick Days
Yesterday Timothy came home from school complaining that he didn't feel well. Later that evening he started running a fever. #noschooltoday






~5~ Spring Cleaning
It has begun.







~6~ Craving
Last night Joe, who is in California, sent me a photo of his dinner: clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. His photo made me remember our trip to San Francisco many years ago when we were first introduced to that deliciousness; in fact, we loved it so much we had it for lunch every. single. day. Now I'm craving clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl.






~7~ Double Trouble, Double the Fun

The day before my birthday I received an edible arrangement with the following note:
Happy Birthday, Bia! We love you and can't wait to see you soon!
The note was not signed, so I texted my sister.

Me: Did you send me an edible arrangement?
Laura: Yes! But it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow
and it was supposed to have a note.
Me: Well, there was a note. It just wasn't signed.
Laura: Did the note say Happy Birthday to an awesome sister?
Me: No.
Laura: That's not from me.

So then I texted my brother.

Me: Did you send me an edible arrangement?
David: Yes. Happy Birthday! I had them delivered today
because I wasn't sure they delivered on Sunday.

Now, isn't that the greatest? I've NEVER EVER received an edible arrangement before, and I had two in two days. We ate David's delivery Saturday night at my parents' house, and Laura's Sunday night during the Super Bowl.


double the fun


And now, I'm off to enjoy my perfectly mundane and ordinary day as I go Clorox the heck out of all surfaces so that what the bambino has ... the bambino keeps to himself.

No comments: