Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Sunday, February 19, 2017

What I learned after spending an afternoon in an art museum with my guys

1- My guys have some weird honing device that enabled them to seek out and find benches. Whenever they found one, they sat. And waited for me.


Look for a bench, find a bench, take a seat, wait for mom.




2-  After just one hour, our little bambino looked like this:


Timothy, in an art museum




3- At the two hour mark, art started to look like food. They saw food everywhere.


pizza

donut

brownie


4- To keep them amused, I challenged them to find artwork that reminded them of someone or something, then take a photo of the art and give it a new title. For some reason they started picking on me:


Mom, texting

Mom's hair at the beach


5- Eventually their eyes glazed over and everything was a blur.


A selfie through 11 panes of glass
Gerhard Richter
11-Scheiben (11-Panes), 2003
"The eleven panes of glass reflect the immediate environment
in which the piece is placed, absorbing the space and the spectator
into the work of art. Instead of presenting the artist's version of reality,
Richter invites reality into the work itself."

distorted reality


6- Finally, by the end of the afternoon I'm not sure what my guys learned, but I learned this: my guys spent three hours following me around an art museum on a rainy Saturday afternoon in Atlanta. And that, my friends, is love.




My guys spent three hours following me around an art museum.
That's love.



No comments: