Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What's Your Word?

Whittling down my New Year's Resolutions to one word has been something I've been doing for several years. My very first word (in 2009) was embrace and I selected it as a way to remind me to be fully present in the moment. To this day, that word is not only one of my all-time favorites, but it's become a personal, daily goal.


This year, while pondering my choices, I came across the MyIntent Project in which you can order a simple bracelet or necklace with your intention word engraved on a gold or silver token. The concept is very du jour, and after browsing their web site I decided to order one for myself.


It was very easy: I selected my style (bracelet), cord color (black), and token color (brass). When I typed in my word choice I was also asked to share my story about the word. And so I did ...


"I choose PRONTO because this year it's all about now. Not tomorrow, not next week, not next month. it's about doing today everything I've put off for tomorrow; it's about living with intention now. Pronto ... without delay, I am ready."


The whole thing cost $20.60 (including shipping) and arrived in a linen drawstring bag with the bracelet and a card with my story. The bracelet is simple, but it's perfect for layering with other pieces of jewelry and it's nice to have a visual reminder to stay the course.


So, what's your word?



No comments: