An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Bad Math Mojo

"I'm really worried about the math test I took today," Timothy says as he sits at the kitchen counter for his afternoon snack.


"Why?" I ask. "You got an 'A' on the last one."


"That's the problem!" he wails. "Here's what always happens: I do very bad on the first test of the quarter but then make an 'A' on the rest of them. That's what always works. But this time I started all wrong! THIS time I made an 'A' right away, which means I'm going to do badly on the rest!"


"What? You would have rather done poorly on last week's test?" I ask.


"Exactly!" he says.


My head is spinning because I'm trying to think like him.


"Oh, you're in trouble," I tell him as I hand him a glass of milk. "No doubt."


And if things couldn't get any worse, later that evening he checks RENWEB and discovers he made a 100% on the test. So now, in-the-world-according-to-Timothy, he's REALLY doomed.


No comments: