Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Musings of an Italian-American Catholic wife, mother, and writer

Friday, April 21, 2017

Buon Compleanno, Roma



Today the Eternal City celebrates its 2,770th birthday. Auguri, Roma! I have been there four times, but there is still so much to see, do, and experience. I keep a running list on what I plan to do on my next visit so, Roma, a presto (until then)!


And in case you don't have anything else to do this weekend other than read about Rome, here are some links of my adventures in Rome over the years.


1- The first time I visited Rome, go here.


2- Here's the time I attended the Angelus Blessing with Pope Francis along with 22 women who traveled with me to Rome.


3- Yes, I lost my temper in Rome. You can read about it here.


4- From Caravaggio to Reality. Planning a Girls' trip to Italy. Read all about it here.


5- McDonald's in Rome? In which I speak about the Slow Food Movement in Italy. Go here for an excerpt.


6- In which I share some Pope stories.


7- God, Michelangelo, and light sabers. Read about my art lesson here.


8- St. Peter's Square, after dark. A story about the light in the Pope's window.


9- How to parallel park in Rome. See the photo here.




Unbeknownst to me, my friend took that photo of me as I was listening to
Pope Francis' Angelus Blessing. It's not a particularly flattering photo, but
it's real. I'm smiling, but also crying, and reflected in my sunglasses is the
window where the Pope was speaking.

No comments: