An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Five Minutes at the Mall

It's not often you find the words Jonathan, shopping, and mall in the same sentence; however, with an internship that begins Monday, and with a closet that has way too many graphic t-shirts, I found myself in the unusual situation in which Jonathan and I went shopping at the Augusta Mall.


Stop. The. Presses.


Now, I'm a good Mom. Kind. Understanding. So to minimize the torture I promised two things: 1/ that we would stick to the list (which meant no Sephora for me) and  2/ that afterwards I would take him out to lunch.


(In hindsight, I should have just promised the food and kept the Sephora visit.)


Anyway, we arrived to the mall and walked into JC Penney. Within four minutes we were done.


Finito.


Two golf shirts, two dress shirts ... just like that. He said he didn't need to try anything on. In the shoe department he took one minute to find a pair of shoes.


Jonathan is very decisive.


You think?!?!?!?!?


At the register a nice young man named Bruce took my Mother's Day coupon ($10 off!) and divided our items into THREE separate purchases so I could use my coupon THREE TIMES!


I love Bruce.


I also love Jonathan, and with the shopping done we then went and had a very nice lunch together.


Tomorrow, though, I'm going back to Sephora. I have another Mother's Day coupon to use.




Mall with Jonathan = No Sephora for Me

No comments: