An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Matter of Time

This past Sunday I was watching my son's basketball practice. After a while, the coach split up the team and had one side remove their shirts for a "skins" vs. "shirts" scrimmage.

The sight of all those scrawny fifth graders, with their long, skinny arms and legs was very endearing to me. They looked so vulnerable, so innocent.

A fifth grade girl sitting next to me had an entirely different reaction.

"Ewwww," she remarked, with a heavy southern drawl, "That's just gross."

Hmmm.
Just. you. wait!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Lol. I am so with you.

My fifth grader came with me to get a sub today and ordered the largest one they had, he polished it off and whined for more. I don't know where he puts it.

I can see this kids ribs! So skinny and so sweet.

If I didn't love him so much I might be jealous.

Kellan said...

How cute! It's so true - before long she won't feel that way at all. It's funny how all that changes over night. See ya.

Lisa said...

LOL! So true!

onthegomom said...

LOL!!!! Oh that is so true, me being a mom of 2 teenage boys. *sigh*

Karen said...

haha - you're right! In a few years she'll be sneaking in to see those "skin" practices.