Lately I've had several people ask me if the 2019 Girls' Trip to Italy is still happening. The answer is YES! In fact, we are within five months of the departure date when 32 women will embark on a 2-week adventure to Italy.
And if the following is any indication, we are going to have fun ;-)
Dear Mr. Clooney,
Five years ago I organized a girls’ trip to Italy. There
were 23 travelers—from Georgia, South Carolina, Illinois, Washington State, and
Washington DC—who accompanied my sister and me on a 9-day trip to Rome and the
Amalfi Coast. The one question I was asked (repeatedly) before we left home was
this: “Will we see the Pope?”
I am happy to say that we did, in fact, see the Pope.
The reason I am telling you this story is because next September
I have organized another girls’ trip. This time there are 32 of us traveling to
Tuscany, Cinque Terre, Milano, Verona, and Venezia. We will spend several days in the northern lakes region of Italy including, of course, Lake Como. Like last time, there is one
glaring question I am asked, but it has nothing to do with the Pope; instead,
this time the question is: “Will we see
George Clooney?”
Before I continue, let me assure you that we are all quite
harmless. We represent all walks of life; we are teachers, nurses, librarians,
fitness instructors, and writers. As for myself, I am a wife, mother (three
sons), a freelance writer, an amateur tour guide and, most recently, a
published author.
Simply, we are wondering if perhaps … maybe … “Will we see George Clooney?”
Of course, I cannot give them an answer, but the
one thing I’ve learned about my travels to Italy is that there is magic in this
world.
Sincerely,
Maria Novajosky
scenes from the 2015 Girls' Trip to Italy
(in which we saw the Pope but NOT G. Clooney)

No comments:
Post a Comment