An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Contrariness of Toddlers

Coming home one afternoon from a lovely family outing, our toddler, who hadn't had a nap, was tired, cranky, and irritable.

I tried to distract him as we drove over a long bridge: "Oh, look at the beautiful river!" I said. It was one of the wide parts of the river, and was very picturesque.

My toddler leaned forward in his booster seat, pointedly looked out the window, then leaned back with a huff as he declared, "I. don't. see. it."

Sheesh. I told my husband to step on it.

6 comments:

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Geesh, you try to distract the little guy with pretty things and he gets all huffy on you. Go figure!

Thanks for the kind words over at my blog, by the way. I think I'm just getting paid back for having a kid that has just about always gone to bed easily. She's got to rebel somewhere, and it might as well be in the middle of the night. *sigh*

Kellan said...

How adorable! Sometimes they are full of life and then sometimes ... they just want to suck all of the life out of everything - don't they? So cute. Have a great weekend, Bia. See you soon. Kellan

Leanne said...

Lol.

I want to be a toddler. I want to be crabby and still be distracted and loved.

Actually, I'd just settle for someone putting me down for a nap everyday. :)

onthegomom said...

LOL! Now that was funny!!!!!!!

Sometimes I wanna be like that, too, but it's just not as cute when your mid-thirties :(

SuzyQ said...

Hee Hee!
With one toddler a preschooler and a baby whose watching and learning fast from her big sister's I can relate:0)to this post!
Blessings
suzy

suburbancorrespondent said...

That's contrary, all right. Sometimes, when my toddler gets that way, we tease her. "Do you want some cookies, Susie?" "No! I don't want some cookies!" And then she looks very confused.