An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hurray for Boys!

I love boys, I really, really do, and having twelve of them (plus my three) here for my son's thirteenth birthday party was a joy. They are loud, messy, silly, and basically uncomplicated creatures. I like to watch them, and I like to feed them, because they eat with gusto and that warms my Italian heart. (To tell you the truth, I'm a little envious of Kathryn, who has EIGHT sons.) So, the birthday party was a success: the rain ended, there was plenty of food, and even after a rousing game of hide-and-seek in the dark, the neighbors still like us.

I wanted memories of this night, so I asked the boys for a group photo:

So they tried a human pyramid . . .

it didn't work.

Then, they conspired and pointed at something
just when I shot the photo. How do they think
of these things??!!

Finally!! The ONLY way to get a group shot!

11 comments:

Soutenus said...

You can feel the energy and fun through the computer screen! LOL
The real question that I have is -- was the sandwich platter for 30 enough?

Kellan said...

It looks like great fun!! I'm so glad they had a good time! Have a good weekend Bia - see you soon. Kellan

Marilena said...

my sister is having her 3rd child in may, and my family thinks she is having a boy:) she has 2 girls, so its time for a boy:)

Kathryn said...

Oh I love the photos, I'm so glad it was fun!!

Bia said...

soutenus- thanks for visiting, and yes, the two sandwich platters were enough, as were the four bags of chips and the 5 2-liter bottles of soda. I almost ran out of DQ ice-cream cake...one boy had FIVE slices (I don't know where he put it!).

marilena- blessings to your sister, and thank you so much for visiting!

GrandmaK said...

Oh my goodness, what fun!!!! Happy Thirteenth, MOM!!! Cathy

Maria said...

Wow, what a party! My son would be jealous of that! Did you get any sleep? I loved that last picture of them all settling down once the food is on the table. "Time for din din!"

Maria said...

BTW, I left something for you at my blog.

Lisa said...

What wonderful pictures! What fun! What a wonderful Mom you are to set this all up for your son!

Leanne said...

Great pics. Ummm, but could you do me a favor and just keep them away from my thirteen year old daughter for a few more years?

Thanks. :)

Karen said...

You've got way more patience that I do. But I do think I'd rather have boys invade the house than girls.