- One book that changed your life: every book I've ever read. There really is no other answer. It seems any book I read changes me...some in big ways, some in little ways.
- One book that you have read more than once: Christy by Catherine Marshall. As a teacher, that book has always been so inspirational to me.
- One book you'd want on a desert island: like everyone, definitely the Bible. However, I would also need some kind of survival guide (a book, that is, and not Crocodile Dundee). I am a city girl and have no idea how to catch a fish, pitch a tent, or start a fire. On second thought...maybe I will take Crocodile Dundee!!
- One book that made you laugh: One for the Money series by Janet Evanovich. They are a quick read (perfect for the beach), you really don't have to concentrate too closely (perfect for Moms who are constantly interrupted), and they are laugh-out-loud funny!
- One book that made you cry: just one? Happy endings, sad endings...they all make me cry! But, okay, one that really made me cry was Tuesdays with Morrie. I also have to mention Piccoli Come Bambini, which is the story of Sandro, written by his wife.
- One book you wish had been written: The Secret to a Clean Bathroom in a Household of Boys.
- One book you wish had never been written: any of the I Spy books. I still get googly eyes from trying to find all the hidden items, and my toddler won't turn the page until ALL the items have been located. Of course, the Where's Waldo books present a problem, too.
- One book you are currently reading: Where the Heart Is by Deborah Smith.
- One book you've been meaning to read: Story of a Soul. So many of you have mentioned this book that I've been feeling left out.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
The Life and Times of a Bibliophile
A while back Lisa passed on a book meme which has been sitting in my drafts folder for some time now. It seems that every time I thought of a book, I would change it in a couple of days. I love books, and having to pick is hard! But, here it is...read it quickly because it may change tomorrow!