An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, February 9, 2008

A Little Creativity

In the style of Shel Silverstein's "Hector the Collector", my oldest son had to create his own version of the poem. Here's what he came up with:

Bill the Animal Rescuer

Bill rescued derelict dogs and crazy cats,
he rescued mauled mice and ravenous rats.
He rescued a manic mongoose,
and don’t forget the ghastly moose.
He saved a lizard,
he saved a snake,
he even saved his Uncle Jake!
Finally he saved a pig and hog,
and took all these to his home made of logs.
His Mom used just one puff,
to tell Bill enough is enough.
Ol’ Bill didn’t even see
That all these animals had fleas!

Then, my middle son got creative with Legos for my birthday earlier this week. Here is his creation:




6 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, your sons are so creative. Great job on that poem! I love the sign made of Legos, too.

Holly said...

Too sweet!

Dori said...

Thanks for all the informaion on Venice! Now I'll have something to tell my mom and grandmother when we go. I'll definately try to see Venice at night; it sounds magical. Is there anything else you would reccomend doing or seeing in Venice?

Great poem, by the way! I love how creative your sons are.

Wendy said...

Awww! How sweet and thoughtful (and inexpensive yet forever remembered!)

Lisa said...

Giggling over the poem! He could make a children's book of it! Love the leggo gift ~ And Happy Belated Birthday, Bia!

Soutenus said...

Nothing like Shel and Legos to inspire some fun creativity!! The poem is great and those Lego creations are awesome, too!

I wanted to thank you for your comments over at my blog. Your mission time sounds like a blessing - as difficult and overwhelming as it also must have been. Do you ever think of going back?
The story of the Mom begging you to take her child to the orphanage made my heart twist with grief.
I wish that it was not so outrageously expensive to adopt from countries like that. There must be many children whose parents have died and they are not "waiting" for Mom or Dad to come back and get them.
We have looked into adopting through CPS here in the US and may begin the process at some point.

God bless!