An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Sunday, February 10, 2008

La Dolce Vita: Italy vs. the rest of Europe

This short video highlights some of the differences between Italy and the rest of Europe; while very funny, I have to say (insert whisper): it's pretty accurate! Just ask my husband.

In fact, the clip about the road signs made my husband cringe...some memory involving a rental car, and a small Tuscan town we couldn't find, and jet lag, and two sleepy boys, and one toddler who didn't like his rental carseat, and a wife who wasn't very helpful because she was more interested in looking at the countryside than boring street signs!



9 comments:

Wendy said...

That was hilarious! I've been to Europe, but never to Italy. Still, drivers in the Philippines have to be more aggressive than Italians, anyday! Thanks for the video.

Wendy said...

Just wanted you to know that I sent you the Classy Blog Award in my post today. Hope you enjoy passing it on. Love your blog.

Kathryn said...

I love the video, I've never been to Europe or Italy and still appreciated the comparison!!! My oldest son said that going to an Italian theater is like going to lunch at his school!!
Have a lovely day!

GrandmaK said...

This was very humerus!!! Can you tell I'm laughing? The driving sorta reminds me of driving in rush hour in Chicago, St. Louis, or Atlanta...Whew!!! Cathy

Lisa said...

Best part is this is a portrait of a country with a sense of humor about itself! Too funny!

Dori said...

What do you mean, "pretty accurate"? It doesn't get more accurate than that!! Although, cars in my city stop if you want to cross, but I know that doesn't happen in any other part of Italy. Do you mind if I link to this post on my blog?

Again, thanks for the information about Venice! And how lucky your sons are to get to come here regularly. Just make sure they learn to drive in the States!

Kari & Kijsa said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for the great post!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Kellan said...

That was so cute! I loved the pedestrian crossing and the bus stop - so funny, all of it!

Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

That. was. awesome. Thanks for posting it!