An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, February 14, 2008

That's Amore!

Here's a little Valentine music that will put joy into you step. I've also included the lyrics in case you want to sing along! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!




(In Napoli where love is king
When boy meets girl here's what they sing)

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's amore
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita Bella"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella

When the stars make you drool
just like pasta fagiole
That's amore
When you dance down the street
with a cloud at your feet
You're in love
When you walk in a dream
but you know you're not dreaming signore
Scusa me, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's amore!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I LOVE that song, thanks Bia!! Happy Valentines Day!

Kellan said...

Great song!! I hope you have a great Valentine's Day with your sweet family - your hubby! See you soon. Kellan

Maria said...

Hey, I sang this on Kareoke Revolution! I didn't so very well though:(

Lisa said...

This is such a great "belt-it-out" song! Happy St. V's Day (one day late)!

Burgh Baby's Mom said...

Oy! Now it's stuck in my head!

GrandmaK said...

OH MY!! I can still hear Dean Martin singing it...(Dates me doesn't it?) Great song...It was even sung with great zeal in this Irish family when I was a child!!!! Cathy