An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Sisterly Equation

weekend talking with my sister
+ getting lost for 16 miles because we were so busy talking
+ staying up late talking
+ talking at all meals . . . meals that we didn't have to prepare
+ scrapbooking and talking
+ talking with other women
+ laughing hysterically at nothing at 1 a.m.
_________________________
a complete and total case of . . .
LARYNGITIS !

I mean, this is how I sound.

But it was so, so worth it!!!


Then, both Lisa and Cathy sent me these . . . a perfect ending for a perfect weekend!

And because a gift should keep on giving, I'd like to send these to:

suburbancorrespondent because she makes me laugh (out loud!) almost every day,

Maria because we share the same first name as well as some family traditions, and

Kathryn because she creates magic.

6 comments:

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Can I come next year?

Soutenus said...

Rest your voice! (yeah right, like you are going to do that with kids)
OK - eat chicken soup with lots of garlic and drink tea with lemon and honey.
Welcome back!

Holly said...

Congrats on the award! Definitely well-deserved. And laryngitis is such a small price to pay for an awesome weekend!!

GrandmaK said...

One nearly always gets laryngitis from cheering for your favorite basketball team ('tis the season) or by talking so much the voice gives out...bet I can guess which caused yours! So glad you had a wonderful weekend!!! Cathy

Kathryn said...

*blushing*
Thank you, you made my day!
Sounds like a great weekend, I love the kind that give me laryngitis!

Ua (Sister) said...

I personally think you got laryngitis as punishment for stretching the truth and claiming that WE got lost because WE were talking too much. AHEM! Who had the MapQuest directions in her little hand? WHO was the navigator?

And the 1 am giggle fits all had to do with the getting lost bit.

BUT WE HAD A BLAST, DIDN'T WE??