An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, May 30, 2008

Good News, Bad News, then Great News

Hello. You are probably surprised to see me since we are supposed to be at the beach. Well . . .

Good News: We got everything packed last night . . . I was Miss Organization.

Bad News: Our four-year-old got up five times during the night to throw up.

Good News: Today is the last day of school for our two older boys.

Bad News, Bad News: Our little one is still throwing up; departure for the beach postponed until tomorrow.

Good News: The two older boys are going on ahead with my parents.

Bad News: My husband and I will stay here.

Good News: We'll rent a movie, get take-out, and spend some quality time with our little one.

Great News: Tomorrow, when we finally head to the beach, it will be a quiet, peaceful drive with only one child in the car.


The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
-Winston Churchill

14 comments:

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Bad news: once you get to the beach, you and your husband start throwing up.

At least, that's the way it happens around here...

SuzyQ said...

Awww!!!
Hope you get to have a peaceful trip and a wonderful time once you're there.

Bia said...

Suburbancorrespondent-

Good news: that may be true, but then my Mom will be there and she will take care of us and fix her world famous soups and her homemade bread . . . both of which are worth getting sick for.

Anyway, did you see my quote??? We're aiming for optimism here! (smile!)

Soutenus said...

Love, love, love the quote.
Be safe and healthy! :-)

GrandmaK said...

Safe journey and fun to all!! Cathy

Dori said...

Ah, what an optimist!

Regarding Italians and peanut butter, I gave a rather large jar of it to one of my teachers. This particular teacher teased me when I told her I liked peanut butter with banana; just yesterday she told me she eats peanut butter with a spoon!

I was lucky enough to visit Rome, and I thought of you. I tossed in a coin for you in the Trevi, so now you REALLY have to go back!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Your glass is half full! Have an incredible vacation!

Have a blessed weekend!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Kathryn said...

Poor little guy, poor you and hubby!!

I'm praying for a speedy recovery and great trip to the beach!

:o) mg said...

All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.
St. Julian of Norwich

I pray you shall stay well and pray he shall stay well and that all the rest shall stay well.
;o) mg

Holly said...

I hope you have a good time. What a great way to look at it all!

E said...

Andf the sun and surf always cure what ails you. I find that the ocean restores my soul.
You will be blessed with calm and gentle beachy fun. I predict it...Keep us "posted"

Lisa said...

Oh, no, Bia! (I only just poked my head in here, not expecting you to be home and all...) But, I'm sure everything turned out well. If for no other reason than you guys deserve it to! Your optimism is inspiring!

Wendy said...

My MS was watching "Finding Nemo" today, and there is that wonderful scene where Dori and Marlin are stuck in the whale's mouth and they have a conversation about whether the mouth is half-empty or half-full!

Hope you had a great vacation. Trust you enjoyed your water, more than we enjoyed our water!

Lisa said...

Hey, when you get home... and shake all the sand out of your shoes... I have a fun, little meme for you...