An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Case of the Super Wart


E-mail from my middle son to my brother, who is a doctor:

Dear Uncle David,

I need to chop off a wart. I tried freezing it 2 times and nothing happened. It only got a little smaller. Please tell me what to do!!!!!

JONATHAN with warty finga

My brother's reply:

Dear Jonathan with Nasty Warty Finga...

First of all, don't touch me. Don't even come near me with your Nasty Warty Finga.

And I hope you're not typing with your Finga, 'cause then the keyboard will get
all Nasty and grow warts, too...

Besides that, you should probably let a doctor freeze it off. The over-the-counter wart Freezer Thingies are not as strong. You probably shouldn't try it anymore on your own for that particular Superwart.

Call your doctor, but don't make The Wart mad, or else he'll Take Over the World.

Uncle Dave

11 comments:

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Vitamin A! Squeeze out the Vitamin A from a capsule and put it on the wart - worked like a miracle (after a couple of weeks) on numerous warts all over David's hands. And wasn't nearly as damaging as the horribly corrosive medicine the pediatrician had put on them which caused pain and oozing and general disgustingness.

:o) mg said...

If that fails, let me know and I'll buy it from him. (It worked to get rid of mine many many years ago.... in fact probably at his age.)

Cheryl Lage said...

Ask him if in his medical opinion my computer can catch my heartbreaking (not so much, really) psoriasis....

Laura said...

Okay- wouldn't that make a cute children's book? Crazy Uncle David answers all your medical questions..
And then Uncle David can just be outrageous with his responses.
It could work...
You'll make millions.
Find a publisher now.

GrandmaK said...

Sounds just like the Dr. I work for...Oh!! Has he tried duct tape on it? Daughter's pediatrician suggested it for my granddaughter and it worked...Cathy

Lisa said...

LOL! Your Uncle Dave is as nutty as our Uncle Dave! (Does every family have one of these?) I bet Jonathan got a big kick out of this! I hope he's being nice to that Wart!

Kathryn said...

All future finga problems will be forwarded to Uncle Dave...does he deal in ingrown toenails??

SuzyQ said...

Heeheee. Too Funny :0)

Nancy said...

That is TOO FUNNY!!!!

(found you through a link on Laura's blog)

triciaj said...

Try ducktape!

Darla said...

Such of a great exchange between Uncle Doctor and Nephew!