An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Down on the Farm...sort of

I may have mentioned before that I am a city girl. Oh, I love nature and love doing outdoor things like hiking and white water rafting, but I don't know very much about farming or animals. Apparently, neither does our little one.

Case in point: we took Sister to the Children's Museum in Columbia, South Carolina where my youngest one got to experience milking a cow. He squeezed the teat (just like the sign says) and in delight yelled, "Look, the cow is going potty!"

And before I finished mentally cringing and Sister finished laughing, he grabbed TWO teats and yelled, "Look, now he's going a whole bunch of potty!!"

I think I need to go purchase a Farmer's Almanac, or something.

8 comments:

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

That's okay - my first 2 kids used to think that the grocery store grew the lettuce and other produce in a room in the back of the store.

Lisa said...

LOL! We didn't know much more before we bought the farm. (gg... I mean, really bought a farm...) I met a woman recently who was interested in having a couple chickens that she wanted to keep as pets and hide in her garage (since they aren't zoned for such animals in her covenant controlled neighborhood). We started snickering when we heard the garage part, but almost died when she asked if she would need a rooster in order to get eggs from hens and did we think she'd be able to get away with a rooster in her garage? The dear girl. We didn't laugh out loud, really.

Cheryl Lage said...

LOVE it! As a fellow city girl, I think a faux cow is as good as it gets. All the milkin' none of the smell. :)

GrandmaK said...

I love it! Imagine being that excited to learn something new! (Even if it wasn't "potty time." Delightful! Cathy

Kathryn said...

OMG, I am laughing so hard...good thing I hadn't drank anything. Sooo cute, and funny!

E said...

That's nothing. I have a bunch of chickens and I didn't know they would lay eggs without a rooster! At least he has his age as an excuse....

ALF said...

That looks like fun!

Karen said...

At least you've got an excuse. I was raised on a farm, the kids live in the country, we have animals, and my kids still think things like that.