An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, August 1, 2008

Haiku Festival...Important Update!!

UPDATE: Look what I got for my ugly haiku..."s'not" bad, is it??!!

Happy Haiku Festival Day... ACK! I sound like George's father on Seinfeld with his Festivus Day! Anyway, thanks to Laura for bringing us together. Go read some great haikus and join in the fun!
the good...

A nun in our home...
My boys on good behavior,
I think I’ll keep her.


the bad...

Black leather jacket,
Big hair, sunglasses, tight jeans.
Trying to be HAIKOOL.


the ugly...

Little boy sneezes
long, slimy, strands of grossness.
Where are the tissues??!!?

and from my sister, Laura (yes, she shares the same name as our Haiku Laura):

Is haiku a word?
This is the best I can do.
Good grief, it's Friday!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Yes! This is just like FESTIVUS!!!

Just like Festivus
We need a big haiku pole
To dance all around

Great haikus....

Ua said...

Is haiku a word?
This is the best I can do.
Good grief, it's Friday!

GrandmaK said...

You were very energetic...I could only think of one...Cathy

LNSMITH@verizon.net said...

Ok, I have this haiku that Andy wrote. It is titled "The Nature of Teenagers"

Forests ooze with dreams,
The deluge of all things wild
Till they turn to dust

Treasure an ocean
Time will never end
Water, forever

I lay down to sleep
Nearby the glowing firelight
Burned out before dawn

Earth holds much power
Whipped up a powerful storm
Forest to desert.

Andy's Mom (Lisa)

Bia said...

Lisa! My favorite sister-in-law...the one I think of every morning when I make myself a cappuccino on the Barista Espresso machine that she gave me...glad you stopped by. Tell Andy that he wrote a beautiful haiku poem!!!

Talk to you soon.

Lisa said...

Wow! Andy's are awesome! And Bia, all of yours made me smile ~ especially that first one. But the kids, of course, liked that last one! &:o)

Laura said...

Bia is a winner.
Come claim your prestigious button and send me your address so I can mail you a silly magnet.

SuzyQ said...

Congratulations Bia :0)
A very worthy winner indeed!

I have to say that with Summer colds abound in our house I can relate to the " ugly" one a little too well, unfortuanatly!