An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A is for apple . . . I think

After a shaky start, our little one is learning (albeit begrudgingly) to like preschool . . . that is, he's gone from crying and clinging to my leg to shedding only a tear or two when he waves goodbye to me. So, we are making progress.

I'm just not sure what he's learning . . .

Our Preschooler: "D" is for Daddy, "J" is for Jonathan, and "N" is for Nicholas.

Me: Excellent!

I wait a second or two, then ask: And what does "M" stand for?

He thinks, and thinks some more, then declares: McDonalds!

Er, would you like some fries with that?

12 comments:

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

How typical! Don't take it personally, Mom!
Karla & Karrie

E said...

BLECH! I think i'd get Ms and pictures of myself and post em' all over my house. It never hurts to advertise

Laura said...

Sorry Bia.I laughed.

Cheryl Lage said...

Like Laura, I laugh because I love... (and know the feeling...) ;)

Jillian said...

Oh that's funny! At least it is a
"big" word! Cute.

Jillian

Lisa said...

LOL! American marketing at its best ~ I remember being really put out that the first word my first child learned to recognize were "Taco" and "Bell." Sheesh.

Nancy said...

heheh - sorry, I laughed too :)

pretty cute though!

SuzyQ said...

heehee! That's funny :0D
I'm glad he's feeling happier at school now. It took Boo a month to really feel settled at her preschool last year, but the end of the year she loved it so much she didn't want to leave!

Wendy said...

Loved this and loved your graphic.

I have two initial frames - T and B, for my first two sons, and my middle son saw them and immediately said "Taco Bell!"

I have been meaning to ask you about uploading cool graphics to go with a blog topic. Do you have to pay to access graphic files? Apart from the Dominos sandwiches, which I uploaded today, and book covers, I'm never too sure if I can upload something without infringing copyright (and I'm the compliant kind, never wanting to get into trouble).

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

That's cute!
My first two kids did the crying and looking forlorn when I left them at preschool. My Emily is the opposite. She forgets to tell me goodbye and doesn't give me a second glance

Kim H. said...

Oh Bia that is so funny - I laughed out loud - it's just so funny and so typical of a kid.

Hugs!

Darla said...

Hey, what kid doesn't know McDonald's? We all wish they didn't but they all do! :)