An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

An Email Kind of Day


Cast of characters:
Bia: sometimes writer, best of the bunch
Ua: medical librarian sister
David: doctor brother
Patrick: brother-in-law, the tax man
Leah: sister-in-law

Guest Appearance:
Mom
Dad
Translator

It all began innocently enough...

Ua: Get your Christmas hats on and be ready for a FUN Christmas celebration at our household on Sunday, December 14th; show up anytime after 8 am. I might look a little scary that early, though, just a warning.

Bia: EVERYTHING SOUNDS PERFECT, BUT SHOULDN'T YOU LET US BRING SOMETHING? DESSERTS?

David: And maybe for Christmas someone can show Bia where the Caps Lock key is.

Patrick: She’s just used to shouting…

Bia: EXCUSE ME? I EMPHATICALLY (good word there...I'll have to use it in an article) DO NOT SHOT...I MEAN SHOOT...I MEAN SHOUT!

Bia: BESIDES, DON'T YOU GUYS NEED TO WORK? DAVID, SAVE A LIFE, OR TWO? LAURA, LOOK UP SOME GHASTLY DISEASE? PATRICK, SOME TAXY THING?

Mom: For whoever has drawn Dad's name I have a suggestion: A paper shredder....a "modern day" pajama (size large)...

Bia: Uhm, what's a large paper shredder pajama?

David: I’ve found the Large Paper Shredder Pijama and tried them out. I’m still nursing a few injuries in key locations.

Leah: I must be the only one working around here!! Raising two little angels--I barely have time for anything else (like sending emails)--sniff, sniff.

Ua: We’ve probably already crashed Mom & Dad’s email system...

Later in the day....

Dad: I am confused. I looked at about 12 of these back and forth one-liners and have determined that all of you have way too much free time. Get a job!!! There are FOUR PAGES OF THEM ON MY SLOW EMAIL. Nonno

Bia: Now who's yelling?

Mom: Quando il papa` ha aperto il computer questa sera mi ha chiamato subito tutto preoccupato perche` ha trovato 2 pagine intere di messaggi che , a prima vista, sembravano tutti gli stessi. Abbiamo un VIRUS ha esclamato ! AIUTO! Cosa facciamo adesso? Per fortuna io ho suggerito di incominciare a leggerli e abbiamo cosi` visto che invece era la vostra corrispondenza. Avete propio lavorato molto quest'oggi!

Translator: When Dad turned on the computer this evening he called me all worried that he found two full pages of messages that, at first sight, seemed all the same. WE HAVE A VIRUS! he exclained. HELP! What do we do now? Fortunately I figured out that you were emailing eachother. I can tell you have all been working hard today.

And we all were working hard, kinda sorta.

THE END

8 comments:

Therese said...

Bia-that is too funny!

Lisa said...

Ahahahahaha! This is a hoot!

Kathryn said...

Tooo fun!

Laura said...

My family does this too.
I wait til the last one (email) and then read.

Kim H. said...

I LOVE IT! The joys of family. Ours usually goes back and forth around the boys who DON'T read their e-mails and then end up calling and bugging all of us on the phone. Oiy vey!

E said...

What a great family. I want some!!! Your kids are so lucky to have this big loving extended group. This is the best sort of legacy....

Soutenus said...

You keep me smiling!!

AND!! Thanks for the comments over at CN. I am so very happy that someone else is enjoying and using the Jesse tree info. It is like organic Salvation History. I want it to be part of my kiddos' growing up years -- then it is in the brain and they can draw on the info anytime. The Jesse tree just makes it so festive and family friendly.

Blessings!
Peggy

Nancy said...

heh our family does that too. We all have jobs where we sit all day in front of the computer. It's awesome :)