An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Friday, December 12, 2008

The Gingerbread Man: not your usual bathroom humor

Yesterday I picked Timothy up from school and he told me that during activity time he had to put his flower in the weed bucket (a disciplinary chart: good behavior, flower in the basket; bad behavior, flower in the weed bucket).

Since this was his first time, I was very curious as to what he did.

Evidently he and two friends were saying "poopy words".

Upon further questioning it seems that at the time they had been making gingerbread...with each child given a chunk of brown, lumpy dough.

Hmmm...

And I'm thinking: if you give a boy something brown and lumpy, it's just a matter of time before the "poopy words" begin.



12 comments:

Laura said...

I guarantee you if you hand ME something brown and lumpy, a poopy word will spill out of my mouth too.

Therese said...

It is a natural progression...everything for my boys turns to bodily humor...

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

Too funny! I'm with Laura. Are you kidding? I don't think I'd be able to contain myself either.

Kathryn said...

What is it with boys and bathroom humor???
I love the weed bucket idea though!

Lisa said...

There's just no getting around it. Boys will be boys. (I have to hide my smirk, too...)

Darla said...

To add on to Lisa's comment..." and my girls will be boys!" This is totally our middle two girls' sense of humor!

rn terri said...

Hmmmm. I'm thinking the teacher doesn't have boys at home. :)

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Too bad gingerbread can't be some other color....

Karen said...

I know two boys here that would not hesitate to make the poopy comment. Maybe we should have the weed bucket in our family. haha

Amy Jo said...

All I can say is that it's a good thing that teacher doesn't teach middle school...brown and lumpy in middle school is certainly bound to elicit words beyond "poopy."

Kids will be kids...did he hit anyone or say hurtful things to other children?!? I'm pretty sure that would be worse than "poopy" humor...I wouldn't sweat it too much! :)

Amy Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

At least he didn't have to put his flower in the compost pile. Better yet he grows up in an age where lifeboy is no longer "appropriate" at school.