An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Morning Cappuccino with Friends

I have been a bad hostess. Really bad. So many of you have been checking in lately, leaving nice comments, and I haven't even offered you a cup of coffee.

So, let me make amends . . .

How are you? It is so good to see you! Please. Come in.

Did you have a nice Christmas? Despite a rainy Christmas week (which, as we know, causes my hair to frizz), it was wonderful.

Here. Have a seat. Can I offer you a cup of coffee? Make you a cappuccino? I have soda, tea, and wine, but it is a bit early for that.

Cappuccino? Wonderful! I make a mean cappuccino.

What's that? YOU HAVE TO SPEAK A LITTLE LOUDER WHILE I BREW YOUR ESPRESSO IN THE BARISTA AND STEAM THE MILK.

Here you go. Please, try these cookies . . . they're perfect for dunking.

Oh! You don't have to leave yet. It was so lovely chatting with you.

I know, let's do lunch sometime. We'll talk soon. Ciao, Ciao!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

The Cappuccino was delicous, you are so kind!!! I have to have the recipe for the cookies/biscotti!! They made the hospitality complete!!!
I Love coming to your place to hang out!

Therese said...

YUM! And I have to agree-the recipe for the biscotti please?

Lisa said...

OK, Bia, so how far is it to your house from here?

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh Bia, you are such a welcoming hostess...and I HAVE to get that recipe for the calorie-free biscotti! ;)

Kim H. said...

Bia, so wonderful to catch up - glad you're doing okay - and no, you're not a bad hostess. Life happens - your friends will always love you regardless! :)

Hugs.

GrandmaK said...

So glad to have the opportunity to visit. Indeed all is well here and happy to know all is well with you too! Cathy

:o) mg said...

ok, I am going into my kitchen and making myself a cappuccino right this very moment. I miss our real and in-person get togethers.

alerts said...

vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
hermes
hermes kelly bag
hermes bags