An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Stupid, I know

This past Friday I had a 10:00 appointment for a haircut. So, after the boys left for school I spent 45 minutes washing, blow drying, and styling my hair.

This is what I told myself: I want the stylist to see how I usually fix my hair.

So I went to the salon, where she proceeded to spend 45 minutes washing, cutting, blow drying, and styling my hair.

When I got home this is what I told myself: I love, love, love the haircut, but I do not like the way she styled it.

So, before I picked the boys up from school, I spent 45 minutes washing, blow drying, and re-styling my hair.

This is what I told myself: I had to make sure I could style this new haircut. My sister's baby shower is tomorrow . . . I had to practice.

Later, this is what my husband asked: So, what did you do today?

This is what I told myself: Don't answer that question.

10 comments:

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

Incredible, isn't it? He never would have believed you.

Tiziana said...

Io non vado molto spesso dalla parrucchiera perchè non lo sopporto. Non mi piace che mi lavino la testa in quella posizione scomoda che mi fa venire male al collo, non mi piace che mi tirino i capelli, non mi piace come me li tagliano (non è mai come li vorrei io) e così, appena monto in macchina e giro l'angolo, comincio a scombinarmi la capigliatura e non vedo l'ora di arrivare a casa per pettinarmi alla mia maniera. Soldi buttati.

GrandmaK said...

Why do I do the same thing? Should just walk in, sit down, and get the hair cut...No you're not stupid!

Therese said...

Same thing here!

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

1. You are a wise woman. (re: not answering that question.)
2. You are in good company.
Isn't it fun to be a girl?

Missy said...

I know, I know. We do some silly things, ya know!

Kim H. said...

Um, I'm finally over myself enough to show up with greasy hair and a pony tail. Seriously, after 16 years by now my hair dresser needs to be okay with my grease!

But I hear you on the styling thing. I'm so going to write a post about my recent hair experience. It was a good one -- and quite surprising! :)

Hugs!

Nancy said...

LOL!

Laura said...

Men don't get the hair thing.

Lisa said...

Ha! this is so funny. do we all do this?? (I know I do...)