An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

An Italian-American living la dolce vita in the Deep South

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Entering the Desert

Lent. Forty days now of awareness, of turning inward and taking stock. Forty days of asking hard questions, and then searching for answers.

This year, these forty days will be about climbing a mountain as I tackle an ongoing project which has been in the works for two years. I have been hesitant to put the word "book" in front of the word "project" because I am all too aware of my shortcomings as a writer; I have also been afraid of venturing into the unknown and, if I am being honest, of failing.

But it's time I face my demons.

It's time I enter that desert so I can strive for the mountaintop.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are talented writer -- and one with much good to share. I would buy anything you wrote, Bia.
Blessings over Lent! (Signing off today until Easter.)

tiziana said...

Sono sicura che farai un ottimo lavoro, sei veramente brava nello scrivere, l'importante è che non sia un peso, ma una gioia.
Sarà bellissimo!!!!

Ua said...

You can do it, Bia, and I can't wait to read the final outcome!!