Sunday, February 5, 2012

International Relations

The older boys have been at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA participating in a model United Nations event.

Last night I received this text from Nicholas:

We're still here ... we go back at 11. But, Richard and I got moved to specific people on the US Security Council. So far, North Korea has attacked South Korea with China's support and WWIII is imminent. We basically debate for like 3 hour stretches and pass written resolutions with the other 8 members of the Council.


(Nicholas' alter ego at the model UN)

Meanwhile, on the homefront Laura and I did an art project with our two little guys. We took water color paper, made a tree outline w/ masking tape, painted with watercolors, and once everything was dry we peeled off the masking tape.









3 comments:

tiziana said...

Ma che belli!!! Voglio provare anch'io con Chiara,
posso dire la verità?
Questa volta i bambini vi hanno battute...sono più carini i loro dipinti.
Paola ti ha già mandato un biglietto di auguri per tutti noi, ma io volevo ancora farti
TANTI TANTI AUGURI!!!
Sei per me una persona e speciale e ti voglio tanto bene.
AUGURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Novajosky Smith said...

no WWIII going on at 'that' table. looks like complete diplomacy.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

I'm still praying for world peace and the pictures give me hope!!! Wishing you well! Cathy