Thursday, October 4, 2007

The West Wind

The west wind has been blowing through our home. You know, the west wind, as in:

Me: "Sweetie, please roll the trash can down the driveway."
Son: "SIGH!"

And that sigh, so exaggerated, so full of preteen angst, so weighed down with the burdens of the world, is what we call in our home . . . THE WEST WIND.

The other day it was blowing more than usual, and in exasperation I finally asked, "Excuse me, is that the west wind I hear?"

After a moment of panicked silence, I hear, "Uh, no, it's just a little breeze blowing in from the southeast."

Hmmmm. Too smart for his own good.

4 comments:

PAOLA said...

Maria, tu sei sempre troppo "gentile ed educata"!! A casa mia il "sigh" è così rumoroso che si può scambiare per una "pentola di fagioli sul fuoco"!!

:o) mg said...

Well, if you add my #1's rolling eyes, you could have tumbleweeds with those winds!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Tumbleweeds and west winds. My 4-year-old has already mastered both!

Anonymous said...

Nonno says that you all have too much free time!!