One year ago today I was standing in front of the Colosseum in Rome . . .
today I was standing in front of this.

One year ago I was marveling at Michelangelo's ceiling in the Sistine Chapel . . .
today I was marveling at how many times I can watch this without going crazy.
One year ago I was eating at Ristorante Quo Vadis on the Appian Way . . .
tonight we set our table with these.
One year ago I was climbing this staircase at the Vatican Museums . . .
this afternoon I was climbing this to scrub the awning over our side door.
One year ago I threw a coin in La Fontana Trevi and made a wish . . .
that one year from today we will all go back.







13 comments:
Happy Mother's Day!!!
beautiful pictures!!!!
Happy Mother's Day!
How fun that you spent time abroad, hopefully you'll get to go back next year!
So should we count front-loading washers as one of the wonders of the modern world?
Hope it is not too late for me to dissuade you from getting the front loader. I abhor mine.
If you ever find yourself asking the riddle, "How can a machine get clothes clean by using LESS water and NON-SUDSING detergent?" trust me when I promise you the answer will is, "It doesn't!"
Happy Mothers' Day!
Praise God!!! You'll be going back...had to postpone the journey to Ireland this year, but I will visit there!!! Have a grand day!! Cathy
Happy mother�s day.
Cris left a nice comment to your post in:
http://familiaenconstruccion.blogspot.com/2008/05/educar-almas.html
And the photos really make me wish to be there again. One never get tired of Rome.
Juan
OH, I hope you can! Beautiful pictures ~ even the washing machine and stepladder, because life at home is good, too. (Really it is! &;o) I'm with you on Dora, though. Oh, my goodness, that show gives me a rash! Happy Mother's Day (one day late!)!
I threw a coin in that very fountain 11 YEARS AGO, wishing that we would be back. Not yet, but some day! Sigh....
I loved Rome. My husband and I went in 2006. It's funny how easy it is to get back to the unfortunate details of reality.
(I happen to like Dora the Explorer though I like the Trevi Fountain better!)
I loved Rome. My husband and I went in 2006. It's funny how easy it is to get back to the unfortunate details of reality.
(I happen to like Dora the Explorer though I like the Trevi Fountain better!)
We were back in Italy just in October. And already we are planning the next trip. I want to live there for a year. Can you imagine? I'll just bet you can....
hrmph.....
**walks away from the computer grumbling as the "Backpack" song is now stuck in her head**
Oh Bia!
Welcome to my world!
By the way can you pack ME in your suitcase next year heehee!
Post a Comment