Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Morning Chores

It's early Saturday morning and Timothy climbs into bed with us.

Guess what? he asks.

What.

Last night I had a giant booger in my nose.

And then what? I inquire.

It was on my finger.

What did you do with it? I asked, hoping that a tissue figures somewhere into this story.

Then it got stuck on my thumb.

Oh boy I think.

And then? I ask, needing to know but not really wanting to.

I don't know...I don't see it anymore. And he hops off the bed.

And I am thinking that this morning...I am changing all the sheets.


5 comments:

Tiziana said...

Viva l'innocenza, adoro Timothy.
Buon sabato mattina (eh! eh!).

Lisa said...

Heehee-- Don't ya love that about the little guys? The unabashed practical reality of them. And the grossness.

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Ah, honesty is such a lovely word--in reality, so things we don't want to know. Let's face it, kids lose boogies everywhere...

Suburban Correspondent said...

Sometimes I just don't want to know what my kids are doing.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

You have the most humorous, laugh-out-loud stories to tell! HEHEHEHE!! Cathy