It turns out I am pretty good at launching the Giant Red Bird.
It also turns out I am pretty good at knocking over the cute little Green Pigs.
Which was making everyone else quite ... angry.
Go figure.

~2~ Skeletoes. I understand the concept but (and this is just my personal opinion) I think they look ridiculous.
During a recent visit to some outlet stores, I was wandering around a shoe store and picked up a pair to get a closer look.
And I discovered something I never, ever knew.
Skeletoes only have FOUR toe spaces; evidently, the fourth and pinkie toes share a space.
For some reason I found this incredibly funny.

~3~ Jonathan is concerned for my health. This afternoon he came up to me, put his arm around my shoulder, and said I was looking tired and that I probably needed a break.
Right.
He was really wanting me to cave in and let my fingers do the dialing for the nearest pizza take-out joint.
But I've got his number ... my son's that is, not Papa John's.
~4~ Today someone asked me if I've lost weight. It's ridiculous how such a simple question can make me insanely happy ... how it can make my day ... heck, how it can even make my entire week.
I was so happy I celebrated by having dessert.
~5~ I don't know why, but somehow this looks like it would be a fun place to have a glass of red wine.

~6~ When we were on vacation I got tired of everyone complaining and/or rolling their eyes when I wanted to take a picture.
So I started taking pictures of trees.
Trees are much more cooperative.
And they pose very nicely.

Joe

Nicholas

Jonathan

Timothy
~7~ Finally (and this should have been #1) pray for us. A week from this Saturday we are hosting at our house a post prom party for the entire junior class.
Gulp.
**now go visit Jen for some more Quick Takes.
4 comments:
I have lost weight, I've been exercising enough, and the other day I wore "skinny" jeans that were a size smaller than the loose jeans I'd been wearing for at least two years.
Comments?
"I love those shoes!" Old.
"Cute sweater!" Old.
Le sigh.
Awesome takes! And the after-prom party? Whoa. That's guts, there, woman. :)
1: I've played the Facebook version after hearing the sound effects referenced in a Tim Hawkins video on YouTube.
6: My mom used to do that with waterfalls.
7: Tiens courage!
Mi è bastato leggere il tuo ultimo blog per farmi tornare il sorriso e l'allegria. TROPPO BELLO!!! Hai un senso ironico perfetto...
Bellissime le fotografie dei tuoi quattro uomini, si vede che si sono lasciati fotografare con molta gioia e soprattutto non si sono mossi...
Auguri per il party, non so che altre parole usare per farti coraggio.
PS: Pensa la faccia della Chiara se mi vedesse indossare quelle scarpe della Fila..eh!eh!
Post a Comment