~1~ See? This is why you don't go shopping
with all three boys at the same time.
This week I had the bright idea to get all our back-to-school shopping done in one day. Good idea, yes?
No. Bad, bad idea.
So. There I am in the middle of Target with three boys throwing stuff into the shopping cart faster than I could keep up!
No Legos! Do you really need that? Put the candy back. I said no Legos ... they are not on your school supply list!
Then my son -- and this would be the one leaving for college in a few weeks -- holds up a pair of swim trunks and says he needs a new pair. I briefly glance at them; they are trendy, with a large pirate logo pictured on one side, and because he really does need a new pair I let him toss them into the cart.
Later that afternoon he goes to a friend's house to swim. He's wearing his new trunks. As he's walking out the back door I realized that the pirate I assumed was Captain Jack Sparrow was actually Captain Morgan.
Yes, my son is now a walking, talking advertisement for Rum.
~2~ Speaking of liquor ...
~3~ Some words are fun to say ...
Babushka, Babushka, Babushka.
~4~ Who knew?
In listening to the stories of their grandparents' adventures through Russia, Latvia, Finland and Sweden, this what our boys found the most interesting: the entire Angry Birds franchise began in Finland.
~5~ One Word Texting
Our middle son has a summer job working at Arby's. Because he just got his license a few months ago he has to text us when he gets to work, and then again when he's leaving. Here is a month's worth of text messages from him:
here
leavin
here
leavin
here
leavin
You get the idea.
~6~ Ask me what time it is.
Actually ... don't. All these needed batteries. And because I kept forgetting, yesterday I wore ALL of them while shopping to remind me to stop at a jeweler.
![]() |
~7~ Jane Eyre Movie Critic
Jane Eyre is probably my all-time favorite book. Recently I watched two versions: one from Masterpiece Theater, and the 2011 movie.
Masterpiece Theater is the better version, without a doubt.
| The clear favorite. *Now, go visit Jen over at Conversion Diary. She has a great idea to post something every day next week. I may have to join her ... |

1 comment:
Great stories, as always.
Post a Comment