My go-to Confirmation gift idea is this: seven books which represent the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, right judgment, courage, knowledge, reverence, awe of God).
The list changes depending on the recipient and his/her interests (with our middle son, for example, I included several sports books). Sometimes the list includes the Bible (if they don't already have one with their name engraved on the cover), sometimes I explain which book represents which gift of the Holy Spirit and sometimes I let them figure it out, but mostly I try to find books that are appealing, interesting, thought-provoking, and stand the test of time.
Yesterday we attended our nephew's Confirmation, and these were Christopher's seven books:
1- In His Own Words, Pope Francis
2- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
3- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
4- The First Phone Call from Heaven, Mitch Albom
5- Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck
6- Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand
7- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Leo Buscaglia
| As his sponsors, Joe and I kept trying to get a photo with Christopher (and just Christopher!) ... but we kept getting photo bombed. And the cute little guy in the bottom left corner? That's chocolate cake all over his mouth. |
No comments:
Post a Comment