Monday
Morning cappuccino
with a friend. Great way to start the week.
| cappuccino and girlfriend talk |
Tuesday
Done, done, and done.
Christmas shopping, that is, and so I spent the morning listening to my Pandora
Christmas station and wrapping presents. Before you get mad at me, just know
that I was able to do this for two reasons:
1/ we keep presents to a minimum and 2/ most of my shopping is done
online. Amazon Prime is my best friend. So is the mailman. I still have to get
a few things (stocking stuffers, for example), but nothing that will
necessitate me going to the mall or Toys R Us on a Saturday afternoon (the very
thought makes me shudder).
| Christmas tunes on Pandora |
Wednesday
Christmas Bunco:
What can I say about a group of friends who have gotten together once a month
for the past 15 years for dinner, Bunco, and good times? Sometimes the only
words are those engraved on the heart.
| Christmas Bunco 2016 |
Thursday
A Night on the town:
I went with some friends to Aiken for The Night of 100 Lights complete with
luminaries, carolers, festively decorated stores, and free samples – cookies! wine!
shrimp & grits! Did I mention the free wine?
| Aiken, SC Night of 1000 Lights |
Friday
A perfect evening:
A Christmas tree, three boxes of ornaments, and all the boys home. This mom’s
heart was full.
| Decorating the tree |
Saturday
An Afternoon trifecta:
a basketball game, Mass, and dinner at Arby’s.
All in a row, one after the other. Oh, and Jonathan’s former co-worker
was working behind the counter so he treated us to milkshakes and turnovers.
| basketball, Mass, Arby's ... in that order |
Sunday
Lunch with i Nonni:
Despite a lunch of Tuscan pork tenderloin, garlic mashed potatoes, dumplings,
and apple/cranberry salad, the ONLY compliment I received was for these
hideous cookies. Go figure.
| These cookies (snowmen that look like ghosts and Christmas trees that look like arrows) are proof as to why I love to cook ... but hate to bake. |
No comments:
Post a Comment