Yikes. I'm just not good at this kind of stuff. The last time I wore a Halloween costume (several years ago) I dressed up as Mona Lisa (Joe was Leonardo da Vinci).
![]() |
| Halloween Bunco a few years ago. |
![]() |
| Shaggy and Thelma, Leonardo da Vinci and Mona Lisa. At a Halloween birthday party for a friend. |
Since the text message also reminded us to wear Halloween colors I thought, "Ah Ha! I'll wear black! That's a Halloween color and I have LOTS of black!" Shocking, I know.
(That last sentence was sarcasm at its finest.)
So I wore a black, long sleeved shirt, black palazzo pants, and black booties. I accessorized with glittery earrings and 4-inch stack of glittery bangles.
Then, because it was Halloween I dug through our Hat Box. Yes, we have a huge box containing an assortment of hats: pirate, gangster, hippy, Viking, clown, cowboy, circus, princess, Storm Trooper ... you name it, we have it. We love our Hat Box. When the boys were little it was the source of never-ending make-believe, and it always came in handy when we hosted Mad Hatter Dinners.
![]() |
| The Mad Hatter Dinner: No hat, no food. All hats come from The Hat Box. |
This time I decided that, since I was all in black, some red devil ears would be perfect.
A devil in disguise. Easy Peasy.



3 comments:
I think your costume is perfect! I love the idea of a Mad Hatter dinner party - just how did that idea come into being?
Perfect costume! I love Bunco!
Gigi -- I like to have dinner parties and/or family get-togethers with a theme. One year we had a big family reunion at the beach with each family taking turns preparing the evening meal. When it was our turn, I did a Mad Hatter dinner. Just before it was time to eat, everyone drew a number and then took turns going upstairs and selecting a hat from our Hat Box. It was so much fun ... everyone still talks about that dinner. I have since used the idea several times, including with my Bunco group.
Beth -- Thanks! Bunco is fun ... we've had the same group for almost 15 years!
Post a Comment