Day-to-day life of the mundane and perfectly ordinary ...
What I'm wearing
Just before Christmas I announced what I wanted most from Santa was a Fitbit because I wanted to do something more than exercise five days a week. Nothing drastic; simply, I wanted to be more mindful of moving throughout the day and not just when I am working out. A fitbit would be just what I needed.
But you know me ... I love chunky watches so I didn't want the traditional, thin Fitbit. I needed a big one! The bigger the better! And Santa delivered. Not only did I get the Fitbit Blaze, but he also brought me an interchangeable brown, leather strap which transforms the Fitbit Blaze from something sporty, to something a little more classy.
I absolutely love it. It makes me aware of what I'm doing (or not doing) when it comes to exercising, it reminds me to move every hour, it keeps me accountable, and the firework show when I reach my goal makes me happy. It must be helping because I am more energetic, and just last week someone asked if I had lost weight.
What I'm planning
A girls' trip here ...
here ...
and here.
What I'm eating
Breakfast is always Greek yogurt, a handful of nuts, and one dunking cookie (think biscotti) with coffee or cappuccino. Lunch lately has been an apple with almond butter, along with some guacamole and pita chips. Dinner always involved a protein and some vegetables. I do NOT snack between meals.
What I'm doing
This study. I decided that as long as I was moving physically, I might as well be moving spiritually. The Faith Dare by Debbie Alsdorf is a 30-day challenge for women to form new habits which help us focus on God's presence and inspire us to live our faith. The study guide involves Scripture, reflection, prayer, and space to keep a journal. Most importantly, every day contains a dare and some questions or applications on how to practice what you've learned in a way which challenges you to step further in your faith walk.
If anyone is interested in doing this study with me, shoot me an email.







1 comment:
Looking forward to hearing about your itinerary!
Post a Comment