Sunday, March 18, 2018

Speak to Me Sunday, vol. 5 (In which I accidentally say something "pretty smart")

Yesterday, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, we had Irish soda bread for breakfast and listened to Irish music all afternoon on satellite radio, but for some reason we didn't think to wear green to Saturday evening Mass. I'm pretty sure we were the only non-green attendees.


Today, the St. Patrick's Day theme continues with Timothy's birthday, mainly because when your birthday celebration takes place over St. Patrick's Day weekend you're pretty much guaranteed a chocolate cake with green shamrocks.


In the meantime I leave you with two inspirational nuggets from this past week, one of which I contributed. It was during a conversation with my son and the words just popped out of my mouth. Timothy was like, "Whoa, Mom. That's pretty smart."




~1~
"You won't be judged for being too generous, but you can be judged for not being generous enough."
(Me, in a conversation with my son)

~2~
“Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.”  
(from Benedictine spirituality)





1 comment:

Gigi said...

Happy birthday to your son! And, yes, that was a very insightful observation you shared with him (and us).