1- Sons who travel
Nicholas just purchased airplane tickets for a two week trip to Japan with some high school buddies. And they are ORGANIZED. They have the most awesome itinerary and Nicholas, who has been studying Japanese, can put his language skills to use. Jonathan (our college senior) and his roommates are going to Myrtle Beach for spring break thanks to the generosity of Nonna and Nonno and a Time Share they're not using. And Timothy is going to New Orleans for his spring break ... with mom and dad, of course.
![]() |
We found this project of Timothy's,
and sent it to Nicholas. It was too perfect.
|
2- Husbands who travel
Oakland (California), Kansas City (Missouri), Albuquerque (New Mexico) ... Joe's been traveling.
3- Moms who hold down the fort
That would be me. But I'm going to Italy in September so I'm not complaining.
4- Nonni who bounce
Recently I wrote about my father who has heart disease despite the fact that he's healthy (no diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure), eats well, and exercises regularly. He had his first bypass at age 40, his second one at 50, and then six months ago chest pain led to a heart catheterization and a stent. At the time I wrote how he has the Heart of a Lion because he handles all this with courage, a sense of humor, and fierce determination.
Then this past Monday, like a groundhog day, it was all on repeat. Chest pain, heart catheterization, a stent.
And he still has the heart of a lion, but he's also like Tigger ... he bounces back like nothing happened.
My parents
Verona, Italy
5- Birds who poop
This bird loves to perch on our mailbox. He (or she) is so cute, which is why I took this photo. But he (she?) also poops. And that's not so cute.
6- Families who shop for toilet seats
This was our Wednesday evening. Good times, people. Good times.
7- People who speak LOUDLY
There is an elderly gentleman at our gym who comes to socialize more than work out. He
Now, whenever we go to the gym as a family we tease each other as to who will be cornered that day.
This past Saturday Joe, Timothy, and I were working out when we heard the distinctive loud voice. The three of us looked at each other, stricken. Who would be cornered today? Poor Timothy, that's who. Joe and I watched from a distance, and waved to him in solidarity when he looked at us for help. But revenge is sweet. Afterwards, Timothy came over to me and whispered, "I'm going to tell him you just wrote a book."
And I was like ...







1 comment:
Ha! Timothy is sharp! My husband would drive you insane (he makes me crazy) he is so loud. I'm constantly making "lower your voice" gestures at him.
Post a Comment