You see, I have this wee little trip coming up in the fall and I need to update both.
And just like that I'm in my happy place because I LOVE getting new glasses. I mean, really love. And the fact I'm getting BOTH means I love, LOVE getting new glasses.
BUT, there's a process to making the perfect selection, and it's not a quick one. Faced with an entire wall (or store) of options, how's a poor girl supposed to make up her mind? It's not easy, I tell you, and I refuse to be rushed. So I try on pair after pair, take notes and take photos, and mull things over. I even try them on with my hair down, and then up in a ponytail.
After my eye appointment this morning I tried on glasses at my doctor's office. Now, I was just there last week with Jonathan, who was getting prescription sunglasses. Here's how that went down: Jonathan walked over to the Oakley case, pointed to a pair, tried them on, and he was done. The first pair he tried on was the pair he purchased. It took two minutes.
Here's what happened with me: I tried on at least a dozen pair of sunglasses, put one on hold, and then went to LensCrafters AND Costco to explore ALL my options. And I still haven't made a decision ... but I'm close. I'm going back out tomorrow.
In the meantime, I give you this photo of me trying on a pair of glasses and Jonathan waiting patiently in the background. Before you go feeling sorry for him, know that I had just finished waiting patiently for him while he tried on some dress pants at the department store.
He tried on clothes, I tried on glasses, and then he bought me lunch.
See? I love shopping for glasses.

2 comments:
I also love shopping for glasses, which I don't do often because I usually wear contacts. You are right - it is a process!
Shopping for glasses can be so overwhelming. It's hard for me to see what I look like in them because I'm blind and then I look weird in all selfies I take while trying to pick the best one. I got new glasses in January and they are way to big for my face so I went to Lens Crafters last week to see if I could find some I liked better but could not so I left empty handed. I think I will try Costco next!
Post a Comment