Monday, June 15, 2020

Paying it Forward (and Backward) (and Every Direction)

This morning I decided to stop at Starbucks. It was mid-morning, so there were only three cars: Car #1 was at the window, Car #2 (a police car) was next, and then Car #3 (me).

As Car #1 drove away I wished I could have been IN FRONT of the police car because I would have paid for his order to show a little appreciation for those who go out of their way to help others in crisis.

When Car #2 (the police car) drove away I pulled up to the window.

"There's no charge," said the Starbucks employee. "The friendly police officer paid for your order. The car in front paid for his, so he wanted to pay for yours. It's a happy day."

How about that? Three complete strangers in a Starbucks drive-thru had the SAME EXACT THOUGHT to do something kind for a stranger. 

Despite everything going on lately, there is hope. 

A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, 
and the roots spring up and make new trees. 
~Amelia Earhart

Be kind whenever possible.
It is always possible.
Dalai Lama



No comments: