Friday, October 9, 2020

Friday Favorites (vol 13): missing things

1- entertaining

See my stack of plates? All unused these past months. And see my San Pellegrino empties? All waiting to be filled with flowers and arranged down the middle of a table. 



2- travel freedom

I miss being able to jump in a car for a weekend trip, on in a plane heading for a far away adventure, or even just for a quick trip to Aiken or Atlanta. I miss being able to do all this without weighing pros and cons, without packing lysol wipes and masks, without checking to see whether or not things are open. I miss being able to just go. 

photo via @martinaillustrates


3- school?

Timothy misses school. We are very appreciative that Columbia County was decisive in offering hybrid learning to the students. Attending school on alternate days is working, and there have been no Covid outbreaks. BUT, learning from home is a LOT of work -- teaching yourself, learning, homework, class assignments, studying the material, and clicking through lessons and explanations means that his home days are much longer than an ordinary school day. And Timothy is not a slacker; some days he eats breakfast and works solidly until dinnertime. Yesterday, he was taking a math test, so I took pity on him and brought him lunch. Because he looked ready for a break. Because ... hello? ... MATH TEST. 



4- photo of the week

A wilted rose, a stubby candle, perfection.  


No comments: