I have a thing for dishes, and it pleases me to set a pretty table. Our pantry is stocked with several different sets which I like to mix and match. And while I may use paper products for a picnic at the lake, when we are at home we serve food on plates, whether we are eating at the kitchen table, in the dining room, or on the back deck.
Which brings me to melamine dinnerware. When our local Williams-Sonoma went out of business, I stocked up on their speckled cream melamine dishes. I cleared them out; in fact, because I wanted thirty, the sales associate called the store in Columbia, SC and had some of their stock shipped to me.
I have discovered that melamine is great for large parties that involve a buffet -- the plates are sturdy, will not break if dropped, and look pretty.
I especially love using melamine when eat outdoors. We have set tables under the trees for numerous occasions--St. Joseph parties, Italy trip reunions, Bunco nights, Thanksgiving picnics--all with tablescapes set with melamine dinnerware. Even when roasting hot dogs over the fire pit we eschew the paper products in lieu of melamine.
This past Saturday I added to my collection. Joe and I visited the Catholic Social Services Thrift Store for the first time and scored these green melamine plates.
Now to plan a party ...





No comments:
Post a Comment