This morning Joe and I were in Costco and ran into the Deacon of our parish and his wife.
We exchanged Happy New Year greetings and told them how we were there to purchase a new television because ours died last night.
"We have exact measurements because we need to find one that fits our cabinet. I am not buying new furniture," I explained.
Five minutes later--FIVE MINUTES!--my words went out the window when Joe loaded a 55-inch Samsung onto the cart because the last day of a Super Sale meant there was only $100 difference between the 40-inch (which is what we intended to get) and the more impressive 55-inch.
Of course, tomorrow I need to go find a credenza or console (or something) because right now that television is on the floor.
What can I say? A New Year. Carpe Diem. Seize the (sale) opportunity.
And mea culpa to our Deacon.
No comments:
Post a Comment