Monday, April 10, 2023

Masters Bounty: Tiramisu and Vodka Spritzers

 Well, it’s been a while. I had thought that when I decided to give up social media for Lent it would inspire me to write in other areas, but this is what happened: I did not write at all. More on that later …

We also had a spring break that wasn't. Again, more on that later ...

In the meantime, I resume the annual tradition of reporting what our Masters guests left us. This year, we had a player (top 30 in world ranking) rent our home, so I felt a little more pressure to deliver. It also inspired me to finish projects, most notably a gallery wall in our dining room. The Sunday before we left Joe hung TWENTY-FOUR paintings/pictures in the dining room and study. He was a little grumpy about it.

Then this morning it was my turn to be grumpy. Because of a scheduling conflict, the housekeeper we hired for the week was not available to do the final cleaning so … everything I did before leaving home I had to do AGAIN once we got into our house. I cleaned for six hours.

Anyway, what did our Masters guests leave us?  When we first walked in there was a nice surprise waiting for us on the kitchen counter: a jar filled with magnolia blossoms, an autographed golf hat, three autographed golf balls, a golf pencil from Augusta National, and a personal note.

But wait, there's more: five bottles of wine, a case of Topo-Chico mineral water, Vodka Spritzers, a case of Vodka Sodas, gourmet popcorn, frozen pizzas, a pimento cheese sandwich from The Augusta National, fifteen bags of beef jerky, a sealed container of pimento cheese, a tray of frozen cheesy bread, Pillsbury Lucky Charms sugar cookies (to be baked), organic salsa, and an entire pan of Tiramisu from The Olive Garden. Joe even found an Easter egg in the backyard because they (evidently) had an Easter egg hunt for their small children.

We also have a FULL trashcan.

Anyway, it is good to be back. I will sign off now and go enjoy a Vodka Spritzer and a slice of Tiramisu. They go together, right?

The second (and last) day of our vacation.
More on that later.

1 comment:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What fun!! Do the pizzas fit in the freezer? Looking forward, as always, to your next post! Cathy