Sunday, November 12, 2023

A Girlie Football Saturday

Yesterday it was a cold and rainy Saturday, so we lit a fire in the fireplace and hunkered down to watch football. 

Let me clarify: Joe watched football and I kinda sorta watched football because me watching a game also involves reading, writing, cooking, or working on my blog. 

But yesterday, sitting on the couch before a roaring fire, I was feeling crafty so I went online and visited Tricia Robinson, the "painter of happy, believer in whimsy" who "sees God's smile in the everyday". Earlier in the week I saw that Tricia was offering a free craft project to make Verse Dresses, so I downloaded her free printables and spent a rainy Saturday afternoon making a verse dress for every day of the week.  

What will I do with them? Nothing. But it felt so good to be creative. To be immersed in color. Markers, colored pencils, or crayons? I used all of them! I challenged myself to think outside the box: I cut off the ponytail and repositioned it, even using TWO of them for pigtails; I cut off the sleeves to change the dress; I experimented with layering; I colored the legs to make tights. When I was finished, I made a video. 

And that was how I spent a cold and rainy football Saturday. 


No comments: