Sunday, February 11, 2024

My Annual Super Bowl Commentary

In keeping with my yearly tradition of writing something about football for the Super Bowl, I present you with this year's post which will leave you feeling horrified or amused ... 

Once Upon a Time the boys were going through boxes in the attic and came across Joe's childhood sports books. Lots and lots of sports books, including The Encyclopedia of Football which is very helpful. For example, turn to Chapter 8: Football for Females (subtitled: How to Marry or Keep the Male Football Maniac).

Horrified? Amused? 

While you are pondering this, I am doing a Super Sophisticated Football Analysis to help me decide which team to support: 

-I have been to San Francisco, so the 49ers it is.

-But I have also been to Kansas City, so maybe the Chiefs.

-We have also toured Arrowhead Stadium, so Kansas City edges out.

-The Taylor Swift-Travis Kelce thing complicates things. The guys in the family are for the 49ers because they are so over the hoopla; however, I have Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce to thank for the fact that I can actually name some football players: Travis Kelce, his brother, Jason Kelce, Patrick Mahomes, and Brock Purdy. So there is that.

-As for mascots, Sourdough Sam or KC Wolf? According to Sports Illustrated Mascot rankings, they are ranked #22 and #23 respectively. Well. Okay, I say neither. Blue (Indianapolis Colts) is cuter, and I like Poe the Raven (Baltimore Ravens) because it is nice to have a literature component at a sports venue. 

Decisions, decisions.


No comments: